Posted by ryan on 04/12/08 at 05.28am
Barclays just launched the Visa Black Card as a way to compete at the high end with the American Express Centurion card. The Visa Black Card has a unique feel because it is made out of carbon graphite. This higher-end construction makes the card feel elite and distinct, which is all part of Barclays plan to tap the high-end credit card market.
The Visa Black Card will be limited to less than 1% of the US population, meaning that you will probably have to do over a million dollars in purchases per year, though the specific terms have not been released.
Here’s what we know about the Visa Black Card:
- Limited Membership (1% of U.S. Residents)
- 1% cash back on purchases or $1 = 1 points that can redeemed for travel anytime
- 24-Hour Concierge Service
- Exclusive Rewards Program
- Luxury Gifts
- Patent Pending Carbon Graphite
- Annual Fee $495